The village of Wright sprang up at the corner of Spring Creek, White Oak, Harrison and Cedar townships sometime around the 1870s. The Iowa Central Railroad set tracks through the village in 1882. The post office was originally located in the Wright Bank. After the bank closed, the post office moved to this small building that sat in Martha Argo’s front yard. This was likely the first building in Wright to get a telegraph receiver.
The building was moved to the Nelson Pioneer Farm in 1983, saving it from the tornado that destroyed the town of Wright on June 7, 1984.